Pages

ShareThis

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Richard


Everyone remember my sweet wonderful friend Richard? I can not say enough great things about him! he was like our big brother through out the whole trip to Uganda! watching over and taking such good care of us. He has a heart of gold and absolutely loves his job, the children and God!

 He has the greatest laugh I have ever herd! He is a very hard worker and takes his job serious but he also is just a big kid at heart.
I
On our last night in Cove Richard really wanted to show us his apartment. He was so proud as we all crammed into his two room space. he had it very clean and organized. he always sleeps with a net over his bed. (it is advised everyone sleep with nets but most locals do not.) He has a TV and movies. I cant remember which movies but I do know a lot of them had Tom Cruise.

 Before we left Richard wanted to give us all gifts for coming to meet him and being his friends. We all looked at each other and started crying. This man works so hard, long hours, gives 110% of himself to Cove. He gets little money compared to our standards. we looked around his apartment. He had very little possessions but he insisted we take these gifts.
I got a basket! Richard told us they were Birthday presents given to him last year but he wanted us to have them. I cherish that basket. It sits on my kitchen table holding our fruit. I see it every day and everyday I wonder what very important work Richard is doing at that moment.
Richard has dreamed of coming to America and visiting all the people that help make Cove possible.  I am not exactly sure but I believe he has attempted to get his Visa approved 4 times. only to be turned down by the Ugandan Government. They fear Richard would not come home since he is not married or has any children of his own. I always laugh at that, they obviously don't know Richard that well.
Last night as all of us over here were sound asleep, Richard was back at the Embassy. waiting for the final verdict on his visa. I know he was praying hard and I hope he knows We had hundreds of people praying for him too.

I woke up this morning checking my email, Facebook,text messages over and over! waiting.... waiting for some kind of word..................

RICHARD WILL BE IN AMERICA WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAYERS WORK! THANK YOU GOD,JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT, ANGELS AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAD A HAND IN HELPING RICHARD ACHIEVE A DREAM!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...