Pages

ShareThis

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer list


I pulled into the parking spot in front of The Julia's school to pick her up. The babies in the back seat were sleeping and I rolled the windows down so they could get more air from the breeze. Turned down the radio and sat back taking a few sips of my water. Then I herd the school bell ring. Got out of my car. As I stood there it hit me she's about to turn 7 years old, a second grader! In my mind she's not a little girl anymore! She has crossed over from infant to baby to toddler to little kid to know a mind of her own, strong will, too smart for her britches young lady! This all happened too fast! I am not ready for her to grow up!
She spotted me and waved then darted off toward our van. I couldn't help myself I cried......OK I balled like a baby!


I made her hold up a picture that was taken on the first day of school. and I cried even harder! look at that missing teeth smile! no glasses! shorter hair (because then we agreed about her hair style.) she was shorter and younger.
 "Mom! I am not moving out! I am not a grown up yet! I am still a kid! Stop CRYING!"
So I did just that.
When we got home we did a quick craft project. Made a summer list, since she is still a child, I want to fill this next summer with TONS of fun! memories! moments that will make us enjoy THE Right NOW!
Some things on our list is:
catch fire flies, drive in movie, crafts, car show, yard sales, meet the new baby, and have the best summer ever!!
can't wait to start checking items off the list!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...