Pages

ShareThis

Monday, October 15, 2012

Love is patient


The girls LOVE to take walks after diner.
This night I decided to add a little twist. I told Julia to grab her camera.
I made a scavenger hunt for her to keep a look out for different things as we were walking and document her finds with a picture.

a yellow leaf
                Bark
 something soft
 something hard
 something pointy

 something pretty

 something from a tree
 something that is not supposed to be in nature
 something changing
 something blue
 something red
 After we got home I uploaded all her images onto the computer. I love looking threw the 400+ pictures she has taken in the last few months.

 (she had tons of the tv?)





 These were from the hospital when she first met Stella.

Sometimes I go to bed at night completely exhausted from a full day of arguments with Julia. I have screamed and shouted threatened and taken toys, TV time, games, play dates away from her and yet she still wants to push buttons. I feel like I repeat myself thirty times and it's still not clear enough for her to understand that I just want her to pick up her shoes and socks off the floor. 
Then I hear this song:



I love it!
and because I have been attending so many weddings lately I always hear this bible Scripture. I think it fits b parenting also.
   in that moment when I ask Julia to please stop lying to me about not brushing her teeth and just go do it.  I see her cross her eyes and stomp up the steps. I hold back the anger and remember the words:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.


 I uploaded these pictures knowing I would see blurry images and weird crops on faces. They would not be "great" compositions to any other professional  photographer but they are pictures that show me Julia's point of view. She loves her sisters, playing and flowers. she makes silly faces and never wears matching clothes. She cant spell cute right but shes learning, she's growing and over all she's happy! so I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...