Pages

ShareThis

Sunday, February 15, 2015

religious sacraments


These last 2 weekends have been BIG for two of our girls.
last Sunday Julia finally got to receive her first holy communion!
she looked absolutely beautiful!


 and her face after her first taste of the blood of Christ 
hahaha sorry Jesus!

 I always felt like a horrible catholic mother because traditionally you receive your first holy communion in the 2nd grade. 
well with us moving and having kids and other stresses I just kept putting this on the back burner.
Then Julia started to really put the pressure on me this past year to "Please call Deacon Bob and get it set up!"
how can you tell your child to wait when it comes to her faith?
but now looking back I think God had a reason for the delay.
Julia's birth mom has been working on getting her life together and asked if she could be present. 
It meant the world to Julia and seeing her happy is the most important thing to us.
 I had to get a family picture since everyone was dressed so pretty!
 Julia and SOME of her grandmas
 Julia and her God mother.
 Then this past weekend Hazel was baptized!
she wore the same gown that Stella wore 2 years ago.
she was a little fussy. me and Brian were passing her back and forth trying to bounce her to calm her down. but nothing was really working.
then Father Reif baptized her with the holy water and she started cooing and giggling! she loved it!

 The role of a god parent is to assist the baptized person to maintain faith in Jesus and ultimately live with God in heaven throughout eternity. A God parent should be someone who practices their faith and are good role models. When choosing God parents for Hazel we knew based on a lot of reasons My Uncle Jeremy and best friend Ashley were perfect choices!
 

 
 After the baptism we celebrated both girls at our house with pizza and cake. We feel so blessed to have so much love and support form our family and friends. I can not tell you how much it means to me when even members of our family are not catholic and they still came and shared in such a special occasion!
I talked earlier about my grandma being sick and in a hospital. Things are still not looking good for her. and I know she hates missing these moments. 
during my visit she was stressing over the fact that she wasn't able to get Hazel an angel statue.
she's given each of my girls one on their baptism 
she kept squeezing my hand and saying how important it was to her that Hazel had one too with her birth stone.
When things settle down with her health 
we plan on dressing Hazel back up in her gown and picking up the statue 
that way Grandma can give it to her. 
please keep her in your prayers. 
It means the world to her that she is involved in her grandchildren's religious sacraments.
and it will mean the world to me to be able to share in that moment with Hazel and my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...