Pages

ShareThis

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter

One of my favorite childhood Easter memory is when we woke up with a slip of paper on our beds. On it was a clue to check the microwave. Inside the microwave was another clue! The clues had us going all around the house searching for our Easter baskets. I knew right away my dad had planned the whole scavenger hunt but that's just the kind of guy he is. a prankster. I am nothing like that.....................
I wanted to show you all the things we have been doing in prep for Easter!
Earlier this week we decided we wanted to egg a house!!!
 

 Then My mother-in-law came over to help with dying eggs.


 Belle hates getting her hands dirty!
 Something about this picture I just LOVE!


For Easter this year I am going to tie a yarn to the Girls beds and create a maze through out the house ending with their Easter Baskets! I can't wait to see them run around fallowing the yarn!


The Julia is being very skeptical about the Easter Bunny. she said "Mom I really don't think a huge bunny goes to every house to hide candy. Why would he do that?"
I told her she should believe in what she thinks is true. honestly I was thrown off guard and didn't know how to respond.  I knew there would be a day she would stop believing. But then it hit me, I really don't care if she believes in a 'huge bunny' what I care is that she believes in the real meaning of Easter. not the candy and eggs and toys, But in Jesus, his sacrifice and resurrection for us! So this year I cut way back on the candy and toys. instead I printed off a book I made of the Easter Story. The pages are blank with enough room for Julia to draw her version of what happened. I plan on giving her all day to finish the book and then we will read and talk about what she knows and believes. I am more excited about this than them finding their baskets!
Hope everyone has a great Easter!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...