Pages

ShareThis

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My wedding


I choose the 4th of July as our wedding day because it's my absolute favorite holiday! We wanted a laid back kind of day where we just had close family and friends hanging out and having fun.
              I knew the fourth of July theme could get a little cheesy and cheap looking so I went for  dark ruby red and navy blue as our colors and we added touches of vintage things to the wedding.
My dress was actually my great grandma's wedding dress. I had the neck line altered a little bit but the overall 75 years old dress was in perfect condition and everything I ever wanted in a wedding dress!

I loved my ring baerer brother's paper boy outfit. We had all American BBQ chicken and mac n cheese for dinner. dessert was cheese cake and cheese cake cup cakes that were amazing! we spent HOURS hand making no-sew blankets for all of our guest to sit on while the fireworks were being set off. I look back and just remember being so calm and relaxed and just excited to finally be his wife! Nothing was going to bring me down not even the rain or the flowers that I didn't order or people getting lost on the way to the reception and not making it until way after dinner! I just let it all roll off my shoulders and smiled because I knew my life was going to be full of ups and downs but as long as I had him by my side it would all work out.


here is some pictures from our wedding:


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A slideshow by Smilebox


Now we are about to celebrate our third wedding anniversary the best way we know how. with family and friends hanging out in the back yard grilling out and playing games. Then during the firework show we will be cuddled under a blanket with our girls by our sides.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...