Pages

ShareThis

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

our master bedroom


our lovely bedroom.
it's been the only room in our house I just don't have a clue as to what I want to do with it.
I did have some fun a few years ago and made a walpaper out of books
but over some time the pages were falling down and we got a new bed, I was tired of the placement of the furniture. 
so things changed. 
most everything  in our room is the same as it was in this post.
but I really wanted a statement wall.
something 
anything.
so my good friend Pintrest showed me a bunch of cute ideas.



 I loved each one but I wanted to do something simple and not have to buy anything.
so I found this idea.

Here is our wall before. 

I cut out a design using cardboard.
I traced one row and decided I wanted it bigger so I used a bigger box. but same shape as pictured:
Then traced the whole wall
Went over the marks with gold paint.
it was a fast project but took me a little longer becasue I had children to feed 
but all together took about 2 hours to do.
I am a wierdo
Painting relaxes me 
I love to put on some music open a window and just paint and paint. If someone asked me to paint thier whole house I would for free.
BUT they would have to be ok with my need for things to be random and not perfect.


I love it. 
for now. 
I still feel like the room is not every thing it could be and we are going to be in the market for a new dresser and side tables and hopefully a vanity desk next year so maybe then I will decided on a design I want for the master bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...