Pages

ShareThis

Sunday, May 18, 2014

big changes PLEASE read!


I was a very shy little girl.
I found art to be my thing 
I was told over and over how creative I was. I thrived off of that feedback.
It made me feel good about myself.
It is so relaxing and therapeutic for me to spend time painting, sewing, gluing, coloring, drawing and taking pictures.
It was fun and still is!
I never in a million years would have foreseen what photography has done for me.
I come out of my shell.
It has introduced me to amazing people that I don't think I would have other wise ever met.
I was able to full fill a life long dream of going on a mission trip to Uganda.
I was able to do something I loved and still be able to stay at home with my kids during the week.
 I have attended countless moments in peoples lives and been able to capture those moments for them to look back on forever.
I have seen true love 
heart ache
happiness
joy
and sadness
moments that are treasured.
I have been able to make others look at themselves in a photograph and say for maybe the first time "I look great!"
I have been invited into families and now have life long friendships that mean the world to me.
Photography is much more to me that just a job.

But with all that said I feel I need a break.
 our new baby will be coming into the world in the fall, my daughter will be starting a new school and I want to be able to spend the holiday season soaking in every second with my family.
I just feel like it's the right thing to do.
I am going to be taking a break for the better part of the end of the year.
I would not change a thing about the last four years of doing my photography on my own
but it has been hard work. long hours and lots of traveling, late nights and time away from my family.
I want to tell you all this now because I don't want anyone to feel like I pulled the rug out from them. I want to allow everyone enough time to decided if they would like to schedule appointments over the summer. I am excited for the different settings the summer offers that my regular fall season appointments didn't normally get. I am planning a fun Christmas in July mini sessions for those wanting to get Christmas theme cards.
I hope everyone understands and will stick with me during this already busy year and unexpected year.
 my last appointment time will be august.
depending on how I am feeling toward the end of the pregnancy I might open up a weekend in October but please don't count on that. one day is already booked!! September is full of weddings and I will need that time for editing and delivering couples wedding pictures.
I do plan on being back for the year of 2015and hopefully fully rested and ready to work!
So I hope this is fair warning and you get out those calender books and hurry to book a date with me! It's going to be a fun, busy summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...