Pages

ShareThis

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Rapunzel

The Julia thought long and hard about what she wanted to be this Halloween. So when she finally decided to dress as Rapunzel I knew I had to make the best Rapunzel EVER! I found this idea to making a wig on my good friend Google. it was super easy but took a long looooong time!

first I got a NEW pair of panty hose. ($0.99 at the dollar store) had her try it on then tied the legs together in a Knot.next I cut the extra leg space off.
here is the long part! I measured out how long I wanted each piece of hair and sewed it to the panty hose. It takes so long because there is a lot of space to cover!
Originally I was going to use all yellow but quickly I found that my yellow was running out so we used white tan and orange. it wouldn't be a project made by me if it didn't have a little quirk in it. after three weeks of adding more and more hair I was tiered of looking at it! lol I put it on The Julia:


The only problem is now I added a new thing to argue about in the morning. She tries to sneak it on her head as she's walking out the house to school.
I'm glad she loves something I made. That makes all the sewing well worth it!


P.S. I also made the dress but It's way to beyond not perfect for me to share how i did that. lol but it will work for trick-or-treating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...