Pages

ShareThis

Monday, October 31, 2011

Uganda family

*****side note: if there is a different color word it is a link click on it!*****

Despite going to the same church and having a couple of meetings with the other missionaries going on the trip to Uganda, I didn't really know any of them. I didn't know their stories or lives, and they didn't know mine. At the airport I kissed my husband and my girls goodbye and walked on the plane with practically strangers. I was nervous, I had never done anything like this before and felt like a new girl going to a new school. Will they like me?
Well let me tell you if anything can make people grow closer it would be sending them to a country were there is no running water and toilets! Now I laugh at myself for being so nervous. These people are amazing people! Each one had something unique to offer to the kids at St. Jerome center. I grew to not only care about each one but LOVE them like a family. I call them my Uganda Family.
This past weekend I got up early to meet up with some of them and talk about our presentation. we are putting together a movie, speeches, a silent auction, snacks, and of course displays for all of my pictures. We want to focus on the future of Cove and how our church and others can help.
The presentation is on Monday, November 21 from 6:30-8:30 at St. Teresa's in Bright, IN
It was so wonderful seeing a couple of my Uganda family members on Saturday. we laughed and got a little teary eyed talking about our time with the children and the staff at Cove. I am so excited about it, we are going to have so much fun!!!
I am also looking forward to our next visit and adding on to our family. If anyone is interested in possibly joining us on our next trip to Uganda in 2013. or sponsoring a child this is the time to come and talk with us about it. you don't have to belong to the church or any church you just have to want to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...