Pages

ShareThis

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mrs. Garnette


I would like you to meet our nieghbor, Mrs. Garnette. 
She visits us daily and everyday shares stories about her husband and children. her life as a second grade teacher and her childhood in the hills of kentucky.
She always sings a song about blue eyes. 
is in awe of God's gifts even something so simple as a tree in the front yard and the love of neighbors that look after her from time to time.
 
 I found this quote and I feel like it fits her perfectly:
Those with dementia are still people and they still have stories and they still have character and they're all individuals and they're all unique. And they just need to be interacted with on a human level.
 She has helped inspired me to start a project. I want to photograph individuals with some sort of disorder or diseases but I want to showcase that this is just something they have not who they are. Mrs. Garnette loves her memories and children so I tried to capture that in her shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...