Pages

ShareThis

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

in home daycare secrets

I have been babysitting since I was around 12-13 years old!
I am the oldest of 7 kids and almost 42 grand kids!
been a "mom" to Julia since I was 19!
running a in home day care since 2010!
I have been called the baby whisper from time to time :P
so I know a little thing or two about taking care of little ones.
I had other career plans I worked at a dental office as a dental assistant (it was a pediatric practice-full of kids!) I loved it but wanted to move up and become a hygienist. so I started college. a year and a half into taking basic classes and finally getting on the waiting list I went into labor with Miss Belle.
now all of you know how much I love Julia but my whole opinion about my career and leaving my kids with someone else changed after I brought Miss Belle home. I realized how fast time goes and how much I wanted to be apart of the everyday during this time in my kids lives. I quit school. It seemed to be a no brainer to start my own in home daycare.
well I am now going to release the top ten things I have learned from these crazy days filled with your little ones!
1.They love to hide their blankets/sippies/shoes/pacifiers ten minutes before you come to pick them up! I try to collect everything and put it in one spot so everything is good to go but kids can be sneaky and think it's a game.
2. I typically stay in my pj's until noon. Not because I am lazy because we eat lunch and then I put them all down for a nap. So I can finally take a shower safely knowing your little ones are sleeping.
3.the kids like to tell me personal things about you "my daddy farts!"
4.I have changed on average 12-15 diapers a day! and I can get one whiff of the smell and name exactly which child needs the diaper change next. What can I say it's a gift.
5.most of my day is spent splitting up sharing battles
6. There have been days when the 5 minutes you spend dropping your kid off or picking them up has been the only adult conversation I get all day! Thank you and Sorry if I talked too much and made you late.....
7.They accidentally call me "mommy" more times than I will ever admit to you. trust me they love you way more and are always checking the windows to see if you are here to pick them up. No matter how long I watch them YOU are still their favorite.
8.a child has taken their first steps at my house. (never revealing who) :) you deserve to think you got to witness all the first.
9.I have experienced a bad child throw things at me, cussed me out, kicked a hole in my wall, fight everyday with my kid, and kicked the neighbor kid. When I say YOUR child was good believe me I will never put my family through that kind of craziness again!
10. Your kids have become huge inspirations
something so simple and sweet that they do and I have to grab my camera and start snapping away. Their imaginations and big hearts get my mind turning about how I can document it. I hope you don't get tired of seeing pictures of your little one all over Facebook, my blog, or just random text messages I send you because it's one of the best parts of my job.
I love my job! I see all the news stories af horrible people doing unspeakable things to these children. it breaks my heart and makes me sick to my stomach! I understand all your concerns when it comes to putting your children in the care of someone else. I want you to know I would die for these kids. They forever have a place in my heart. and I hope to continue to be apart of watching them grow up into amazing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...