Pages

ShareThis

Thursday, October 18, 2012

first kiss


on my way home from taking pictures I drove through a little town, called Sunman. This town holds a lot of good and bad memories for me. 
It's been a very long time since I have been there and I forgot how beautiful it looked in the fall. I figured since I didn't have the kids with me, I had time to stop at random places and snap a few pictures of the trees and changing colors.
 
 This water tower brings lots of memories........ It's were I had my first real kiss.
my dad was playing music at the town festival and I met a boy there we danced and played games and walked around town. He asked if it would be OK to kiss me and I agreed. (freaking out inside) He leaned me up against the tower and gave me a sweet little kiss but then I herd the laughter coming from the field. It was my brothers!!! I was mortified!
 Josh and I talked a few times after that but he left for the military at the end of the summer
 I  checked the mail box everyday for a year hoping I would get a letter.
 
 nothing.
 I finally gave up.
 and in my dramatic teenage mind I thought I will never find LOVE. I had my chance and somehow I blew it and it's gone!
 forever!

I wonder from time to time whatever became of Josh. 
But I now realize in my more mature less dramatic adult mind. what I thought was my one and only chance for love was not even close to love

 I was getting onto the highway I noticed a Rainbow! Julia's favorite. as much fun as I was having going back down memory lane I couldn't wait to get home and give my husband a kiss and see the beautiful children I love more than life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...