Pages

ShareThis

Saturday, December 15, 2012

praying

Walking to pick up my daughter from school always seems to be a little bit of a hassle. I have three children age 2 years old that I cram into a double stroller and a 4 month old that gets put into the baby carrier. Everyday I get stares and little comments about how I have my hands full. We walk two blocks and a crosswalk to reach the school. I make sure I leave early so that I get a second to sit on the bench and catch my breath. I mean honestly it's about 70 pounds of baby weight!! Then once The Julia walks out of the doors and hugs her teacher goodbye we are headed back home. I have thought about asking the 6th grade girl that lives three house down from us if she wouldn't mind walking Julia home so it would be a little easier on me....

Then Friday came......

I have no words. I am overcome with sadness and sorrow for the families that lost their sweet innocent babies during the shootings. It's not fair. It's complete evil. why did this happen?

We will never understand why.

All we can do is pray and make sure our loved ones know they are loved. don't take one second for granted.

Julia walked out the school doors with a smile on her face. "I was good today mom! no notes from the teachers!"
I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her. kissed the top of her head and told her I was proud and love her more than anything. I also said a little prayer. there are 20 mothers that are not able to pick their child up from school. God be with them.





1 comment:

  1. Friday had to be the most cherished walk home to date...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...