Pages

ShareThis

Saturday, September 3, 2011

being picture perfect


I have this picture as my wall paper on my phone. I pulled it out one day and someone passing by say "are those your kids?" I couldn't help but smile and answered proudly "yes." Then another co-worker chimed in "She has the most picture perfect family ever!"
I am very proud of my beautiful family and yes we really are truly happy! My dreams of becoming a mommy and wife and home owner came true. but picture perfect? that just makes me laugh:

Kids: my girls are beautiful and they take great pictures but they are not always the happy well behaved children you see in these pictures. and i don't always feel like I'm the best mommy in the world. There are days where i feel like all i do is yell and i just want to lock myself in the bathroom and soak in the tub so i don't have to listen to the screaming and fighting. They are typical drama queens that think they know best. yes even the one year old is getting a little of an attitude on her. but when I'm putting them down to bed at night they wrap their little arms around me and squeeze a little too tight, i can't help but kiss them extra kisses and thank god for giving me another day to try to be the best mommy they deserve.

Marriage: I truly feel like my husband is my soul mate. as cheesy as that is i believe it. He's always been the picture perfect guy for me but he's still a guy! last night we went out on a much needed long overdue date night. just me and him. i spend all day debating on what to wear. i tried a dress on first but thought it was too cutesie (i didn't want to look cute) i put on a skirt and felt i looked like a mom (i didn't want to look like a mom) then i picked out a pair of really tight jeans and i black halter top and black heels ( i wanted to look sexy) i curled my hair redid my makeup about three times and then walk into our room waiting to hear the complements my hubby was going to give me............ He was sleeping! "Brian, the babysitter is going to be here in 20 minutes."
"ok just wake me up when she gets here."
later, when my aunt knocked on the door to watch the girls for us i called upstairs to my husband to wake him up. Brian walked down the steps wearing shorts and a t-shirt! he looked like he was going to cut the grass not take his wife out to dinner!

I love my husband and he's everything I could ever ask for in a man. he's sweet and caring and loving. He works hard and still comes home and helps around the house. He's the best father and the girls adore him. I always catch myself looking at him thinking how did I get so lucky? everyday he tells me how much I mean to him.

Are we picture perfect? no!
but I'm OK with that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...