Pages

ShareThis

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Farmer's Market goals

I have a few goals for the summer
-read more
-Pass my statistics class
-spend lots of time in the garden
-spend lots of time at the pool
-train Caesar to be a hiking partner
and
-visit a new farmer's market every week!
First up was a little market not far from our home.
We met a few vendors that were selling honey, soap, wood workings, plants, and jams.

Then we saw some friends and fellow home school family!

They were selling art pieces they created but the really cool thing was all the proceeds they collected were going to be donated to a different charity every month! 

How inspiring and amazing is that!! 

This month's charity is one I am very familiar with. Now I lay me Down To Sleep. I actually took an online photography course from the founder of this organization. It is an important mission to help families heal from the loss of children. If you have never heard of them please check it out.

I purchased a tomato plant.

Belle is a very picky eater.
like picky is being nice. 
she eats bread and skyline.
That's really about it.
But
The other week we ate at a Mexican restaurant and she actually tried some Chips and Salsa and she LOVED IT!
SO MUCH SO SHE ASKED IF WE COULD MAKE IT!!!!!
my heart exploded and I couldn't wait to get this tomato plant into the ground!
I know I need more ingredients but we will get there!  
and in the mean time she is eating all the different store brands while we wait.

In other Garden news
my strawberries seem to be slowing down.
Its been raining a lot lately so not too much to report but there will be a break in the weather soon and I have big plans!!!


 I did visit one more Farmers market over the weekend but didn't take any photos or purchase anything

because I was a ditz and forgot my phone AND had no cash on me......

opps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...